Lemon-Mint bars are the perfect spring and summer snack. You can store them in the fridge for later, make them for a party, or simply finish them all without sharing.
I prefer the last one, personally 🙂
They have a zing to them because of the lemon, and the mint adds a cool, refreshing touch. These Lemon-Mint bars get their brown color from the sucanut (a sugar alternative that is much healthier). However, you can use regular sugar as well.
1 pack of Marie biscuits or any similar ones
1tbsp brown sugar or same amt. normal white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon powder
100 gms butter
1 cup ground sucanut (substitute 1 cup white sugar or 2/3rd cup date sugar)
1 cup lemon juice (approx. 4 lemons)
4 crushed mint leaves
5 whole mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix up the crust ingredients thoroughly, and press onto the bottom of a baking pan covered with parchment paper
- bake for 15 – 20 min
- Mix up filling, except for whole mint leaves and pour over the top
- place the whole ones on top of the mixture
- bake again till it is solid and does not shake when moved, again approx. 15 to 20 min.
- Let cool, and enjoy!
If you try them out, let me know if you liked them!
See you soon, with more delicious recipes, cooking methods, and ideas!
Snack On That